Youth Sports at the Boys and Girls Club
The Boys and Girls Club of Greater Haverhill has many sports and healthy activities for children and teens to play! Check out our teams:
The Club provides programs that help develop fitness, a positive use of leisure time, reduction of stress, appreciation for the environment, and social and interpersonal skill. “As the Sports & Fitness Director, my goal is to instill sportsmanship, teamwork, and leadership by having positive adult role models within our community, teach the basic fundamentals.” Programs include Basketball and Floor Hockey Leagues, Cheerleading, Triple Play, Fitness test, Table Games, and Tournaments.
Daily Gym Activities
The gymnasium is open daily for youth basketball, floor hockey, volleyball, dodgeball, soccer, obstacle course, whiffleball, kickball, jump rope/hula hoops competitions, and other recreational games.
- The Gym is open Monday – Friday at 2:30 – 8:45 pm and Saturdays 10:00am – 4:00pm.
- Our Instructional Basketball Program is for 1st-3rd graders. All practices are held on Saturday afternoons.
- Our Major League Floor Hockey Program is for grades 4th-6th. All games are held on Wednesday nights.
- Our High School Basketball League is for grades 9th – 12th. All games are held on Tuesday & Thursday nights s in the fall.
- Our Minor League Basketball is for grades 4th – 6th. All games are held on Saturdays.
- Our Minor Floor Hockey League is for grades 1st – 3rd. All games are held on Friday nights.
- Our Cheerleading program is split into two squads, JV and Varsity. Practices are Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 5-6 pm for JV and 6-7 pm for Varsity. Games as on Saturdays, 10 am JV Game, 11 am Varsity.
- Our Dance Squad practices Tuesday & Thursday from 5:30 -6:15 for ages 6-8 and 6:15-7 pm for ages 9-12.